Each enneatype has classic emotional tendencies and coping strategies. These strategies can work well for us, but often we see ways they also create trouble for us and others.
Emotions are essential for our well-being, however most of us struggle to be with our aversive emotions (sadness, fear, anger) in effective ways. We may over-identify with our feelings or want to get away from them as quickly as possible. This has us miss out on their transformative potential.
In this group, you’ll learn practices to host your emotions consciously— with respect and care, but not indulgence.
Using our three centers, we will learn to reach beyond our usual strategies to experience ourselves in fresh, generative ways!
- Find the sweet spot of engaging emotions without bypass or overwhelm
- Navigate difficult emotions from an objective and compassionate stance
- Transform emotional reactivity into clarity and healing
- Discern the difference between real and “racket” emotions
- Develop emotional empowerment
Content will include reflection, lecture, exercises, and discussion.
• weekly group meetings
• daily deepening opportunities
• weekly learning partner meetings
Approximate total time per week: 3-4 hrs
Zoom meetings on Fridays 9:30-11:30am Pacific Time
September 10, 17, 24, October 1, 8, 15
Registration is complete when payment and form have both been submitted.